Information and Assistance



Facing challenges settling in?

Find out about all the free services EURAXESS provides to researchers and employers. You can save time and money by using more than 260 EURAXESS Centres around Europe to help you with a range of issues including visa requirements, work regulations, taxation and social security.


Visa & entry conditions

If you are a non-EU national, as a researcher you have several ways of entering Europe for work. Discover the Scientific Visa Package which will facilitate your move to Europe, with lots of useful information about your stay.



Getting Started

Need help settling in?

The prospect of moving to Europe can be overwhelming for some. Luckily there is a wealth of information already available online. You can also go to one of the many EURAXESS Centres available throughout Europe.

Finding a place to stay is one of the first things you will need when relocating to another country.

It might prove quite challenging to find a suitable accommodation that fits your ideas for a future life.

If you prepare your search well, you will avoid unpleasant surprises later on. EURAXESS supports your housing ideas !


Upon your arrival in a foreign country it is important to become familiar with the existing banking system.

EURAXESS already has a wealth of information on the topic, available online. Feel free to browse through.


When relocating, learning the language of your host country might prove quite useful.

At EURAXESS you will find a whealth of information on how to better access the culture of your host country, including where and how to find language courses !

Access to the culture of the host country/language courses

When you do research in a foreign country you will also come across insurance, healthcare. During your stay you must make sure you have an adequate health insurance. How are you insured for healthcare? How does the healthcare system in your host country work?

Find more on this topic at EURAXESS !

Health insurance

Accommodation, banking, visa or work permits are obvious things to consider when preparing to move, but what about planning for your medical care ?

EURAXESS can help !

Medical care

Hands-on help with paperwork

EURAXESS provides practical support to researchers as they relocate for work. Through the EURAXESS Centres, EURAXESS also helps employers save time and money by assisting new employees with the move abroad.


Working in Europe

If you want to move to Europe to carry out research then you can count on EURAXESS to provide you with practical advice to support your move. Through the EURAXESS Centres, EURAXESS also helps employers save time and money by assisting new employees with the move abroad.

Depending on your nationality or the purpose of your stay, a work permit might be required for you. Learn more about work permits and perhaps, more interestingly, whether you may be exempt from this requirement at EURAXESS !

Work permit

Taking up a new position in Europe is exciting, but you also need to check administrative procedures before starting your brand new assignment. EURAXESS can help!


Are you looking for information on unemployment insurance or any other related issues ? You have come to the right place ! EURAXESS can help.



Personal support for you

Are you about to move or have you just moved to a European country? Get in touch with a EURAXESS Centre for some personal support on practical issues such as recognition of diplomas, social security, housing and more.

Knowing your intellectual property rights allows you to profit from your creative and innovative activities. In a world where competition is based more on innovation, creativity and quality than on price, intellectual property is a powerful tool for you to become more competitive.

Intellectual Property Rights

You are wondering how to get an academic degree from one EU country recognised in another EU country ? Read more at EURAXESS.


Recognition of academic diplomas

Invest in your career through taking advantage of professional development opportunities. In a competitive job market you have to be adaptable to changing needs. Find out about the seven innovative doctoral training principles, and how EURAXESS can help you through the dedicated Career Development Centres.

Career Development


Pan-European pension fund for researchers: RESAVER

Even if you haven't thought about retirement yet, it is a good idea to get started now to ensure a comfortable pension. Moving between jobs and countries can cause complications regarding your pension. Find out more about your pension rights in Europe, including the pan-European pension scheme for researchers: RESAVER

FAQs for Pensions


Relocating outside Europe?

Researcher mobility can improve a career in research. Make the move and discover the wealth of opportunities on offer both inside and outside Europe. EURAXESS Centres and EURAXESS Worldwide are on hand to offer expertise and advice to facilitate your move abroad.


Opportunities abroad

Are you in the process of relocating outside Europe, to carry out research ? Then you can count on EURAXESS to provide you with practical advice to support your move.

When leaving Europe for an exciting time abroad do not forget to check out the administrative procedures before setting sails.


Select the country you would like to work in and start browsing through the many job opportunities on offer!


If you have found a job outside of Europe, then you can contact your nearest EURAXESS Centre for more information on the departure procedures.


Tens of international bilateral programmes give you the possibility to find a grant or funding outside Europe.


EURAXESS Worldwide

Make the move

Do you want to see what the world has to offer?

Contact one of the EURAXESS Officers in Brazil, China, India, Japan North-America and five countries in the ASEAN region – namely Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam – to see what exciting opportunities await you! EURAXESS Worldwide connects European and non-European researchers and provides information on European research policy, funding and international scientific collaboration.