KIC InnoEnergy PhD School fosters an innovative and entrepreneurial culture while growing a pan-European network in the energy sector.
KIC InnoEnergy PhD School is a customised education in innovation and entrepreneurship for:
- PhD candidates wishing to add skills in innovation and entrepreneurship to their ongoing PhD studies.
- Labs at universities or research institutes wishing to boost their innovation capacity by having a PhD candidate committed to innovation in their labs.
- Companies in the energy sector wishing to recruit highly-skilled energy engineers to increase their innovation capacity and thus their competitive advantage.
To promote the ability to link technical research with business opportunities in the energy sector, each candidate builds up an individual training and mobility program by:
- Choosing among a set of mandatory and optional courses that he/she plans to attend. The courses cover a wide range of Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Business Creation (EIB) topics as well as technical ones.
- Planning a 4-12 month mobility in another European university, research institute or energy company.
The candidate is free to plan these activities as he/she wishes during the PhD project as long as the requirements of the PhD School are fulfilled.
Courses are taken in parallel with ongoing PhD studies either at the home university or during a 4-12 month stay at another European university, research institute or energy company supported by our mobility programme. All promote the ability to link technical research with business opportunities in the energy sector.