Marie Sklodowska Curie Actions
The Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions (MSCA) under Horizon 2020’s Excellent Science provide grants for all stages of researchers' careers and encourage transnational, intersectoral and interdisciplinary mobility. The MSCA enable research-focused organisations (universities, research centres, and companies) to host talented foreign researchers and to create strategic partnerships with leading institutions worldwide. The MSCA are open to all domains of research and innovation.
Chinese researchers can benefit from opportunities presented by various MSCA actions:
- ITN: Training networks for PhD students of all nationalities (open position for Chinese researchers here: link to JOBS)
- IF: Individual Fellowships - Researchers of al nationalities, all career stages (as long as you have a PhD) and all research fields can apply for two streams: 1. The IF- European Fellowship offers 1-2 years for Chinese researchers to work for a European host 2. The IF-Global Fellowship is a great opportunity of Europeans to work in China for 2 years (+ return phase in Europe)
- COFUND: additional funding to regional, national and international programmes for research training and career development, for doctoral and fellowship programmes. Open positions also for Chinese researchers at Euraxess Jobs )
- RISE supports short-term mobility of research and innovation staff at all career levels, from the most junior (post-graduate) to the most senior (management), including also administrative and technical staff. It is open to partnerships of universities, research institutions, and non-academic organisations both within and beyond Europe, such as China. In worldwide partnerships, academia-to-academia exchanges are permitted. Chinese institutions can apply for co-funding from Ministry of Science and Technology.
Related EURAXESS Resources
- MSCA Meet the Researchers – Marie Curie interviews
- Event: Marie Curie Alumni Meeting, 28 April 2016
How to Apply and further resources: Tips and Tricks from LuxInnovation (https://issuu.com/luxinnovation/docs/how_to_write_a_winning_msca_proposa)