Boost Your Career: Grants In Practice
Researchers, boost your career with grants!
This event provides all you need to know on important grants:
- What types of grants there are?
- What can you, and your instituion, get from them?
- What kind of documents, and skills, are needed for application?
- How does the evaluation process work?
- Experience feedback and tips from grantees!
Japanese researchers: learn and share about ERC and MSCA grants!
After a quick introduction on the various existing services for Japanese researchers interested in EU grants, you will be able to learn in details, and from experts and officials from Brussels, about the Marie Sklodowska Curie Actions (MSCA) and European Research Council (ERC) Grants.
Grantees and alumni, some from Europe and some already back to Japan, will then provide you with personal tips and experience feedback.
Discussion sessions will be organised so as for you to be able to ask questions and share thoughts with the presenters and other attendees.Learn more about MSCA and ERC by watching these presentation videos!
European researchers: learn and share about the JSPS Kakenhi grants!
After a quick introduction on the various existing services for European researchers in Japan, you will be able to learn in details from research administration experts and officials from the JSPS, about the JSPS Kakenhi Grants, including the opportunities to use them for internation cooperation projects.
European grantees and alumni, currently active in Japan, will then provide you with personal tips and experience feedback.
Discussion sessions will be organised so as for you to be able to ask questions and share thoughts with the presenters and other attendees.
2016 Event: Programme and Proceedings
Full programme and proceedings available here: Boost Your Career Grants In Practice 2016 Proceedings (1.25 MB)
2016 Event: Presentations
- Dr. Kuczynski, EU Delegation to Japan | EU-Japan Cooperation in Research (1.05 MB)
- Dr. Py, EURAXESS Japan | Representing Europe's research abroad: European Researchers community in Japan! (398.33 KB)
- Prof. Kodera, JSPS | KAKENHI: What’s really going on… (2.8 MB)
- Dr. Fujiwara, Nagoya Institute of Technology | Key points for KAKENHI proposal writing (1.04 MB)
- Dr. Vohra, University of Electro-Communications | A love-hate relationship with Kakenhi (724.86 KB)
- Dr. Greve, Hokkaido University | Tips for writing strong KAKENHI proposals (362.19 KB)
- Dr. Colombo, Nagoya University | Applying for Kakenhi in the social sciences (255.79 KB)
- Dr. Bellier, Shiga University of Medical Science | My experience with Kakenhi as principal investigator (965.71 KB)
- Dr. Venture, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology | My experience with Kakenhi is Hectic! (517.01 KB)
- Dr. Kuczynski, EU Delegation to Japan | EU-Japan research cooperation opportunities through Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions and European Research Council under EU’s Horizon 2020 programme (1.66 MB)
- Dr. Py, EURAXESS Japan | EURAXESS services for researchers in Japan interested in European grants (1.7 MB)
- Mr. Lambrecht, JEUPISTE Project / NCP Japan | JEUPISTE and NCP Japan support projects in Japan (473.66 KB)
- Mr. Jankowski, European Commission | Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions: IF and RISE for Japanese participants (1.22 MB)
Dr Hobday, ERC | Funding opportunities at the ERC: application and evaluation process (934.65 KB)
- Dr. Nakamura, Osaka University | How to maximize your chance to get MSCA fellowship (1.44 MB)
- Dr. Hatada, CNRS (France) | My experience with MSCA Individual Fellowship (815.26 KB)
- Dr. Tanaka, NIES | My personal experience with Marie Curie Individual Fellowship at ETH Zurich, Switzerland (251.25 KB)
- Prof. Tokushuku, KEK | E-JADE, a RISE project for accelerator physics (1.63 MB)
- Prof. Ishihara, JAIST | RISE projects CONSTRUMATH, COMPUTAL and CORCON (590.28 KB)
- Prof. Ujii, KU Leuven (Belgium) / Hokkaido University | ERC project Plasmonics-based Energy Harvesting for Catalysis (PLASMHACAT) (3.68 MB)
- Dr. Tanaka, University of Dundee (UK) | Why ERC Grant? Tips for application (1.77 MB)
- Dr. Ikeda, IMBA (Austria) | Tips and tricks for a successful ERC grant proposal (139.27 KB)
- Prof. Aoki, Tohoku University | My ERC Starting Grant: Nov. 2010 - Oct. 2015 (1.15 MB)
2016 Event: Pictures